FOR THE MOST MEANINGFUL PORTRAIT OF YOUR LIFETIME
As custom with Old World style paintings seen in galleries and museums, formal attire is preferred for classical portraiture. For adults, darker colors such as black or jewel tones are preferred as it keeps the attention on the face. Exceptions to the dark color rule: very young children, special occasion individual portraits (debutante, bridal, etc.)
If you must dress casual, please consider that your heirloom portrait is designed to last at least a century. Avoiding trendy outfits or patterns and sticking with dark, solid colors will ensure the success of your portrait.
- Formal dresses flatter the figure and have timeless, feminine appeal.
- Tea length to full length dresses and gowns.
- Classic pumps or heels with straps in a dark, solid color.
- Understated jewelry – pearls and diamonds.
- Simple makeup but slightly darker on eyes and lips.
- No heavy cover up, concealer, or contouring.
- Nails should be painted in a neutral color.
- Well fitting suits or coat/slacks preferred.
- Tuxedos encouraged.
- Freshly shaven (beards ok).
- Dark shoes and dark socks.
- Sweaters/vests are good options for young children